In 2018 Airbnb decided to introduce Airbnb Plus. This vacation rental badge on the platform sought to highlight Airbnb rentals that have met certain quality requirements. In this article, The Travel Virgin answers “What is Airbnb Plus and it’s benefits?”.
“This post may contain affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission. Thanks.”
Table of Contents
- What is Airbnb Plus?
- Is It Worth It?-The Benefits for Guests
- Is Airbnb Plus More Expensive?
- Is an Airplus Plus Listing Better Than a Regular Airbnb Listing?
- What Is the Difference Between Airbnb Lux and Airbnb Plus?
- Where Is Airbnb Plus Available?-List of Countries
- The United States of America
- Dominican Republic-What Is Airbnb Plus
- Puerto Rico
- Mexico-What Is Airbnb Plus
- Canada-What Is Airbnb Plus
- South Africa-What Is Airbnb Plus
- United Kingdom
- Australia-What Is Airbnb Plus
- Italy-What Is Airbnb Plus
- Indonesia-What Is Airbnb Plus
- United Arab Emirates
- Portugal-What Is Airbnb Plus
- Germany-What Is Airbnb Plus
- France-What Is Airbnb Plus
- Czech Republic
- New Zealand
What is Airbnb Plus?
Airbnb Plus is a program that seeks to recognize quality Airbnb rentals which provide exceptional accommodation, hospitality, and amenities. It is a quality badge of approval that verifies that a property is highly rated, aesthetically pleasing in design, defined by an offer of a quality experience, well located in an approved location, exceptionally maintained, comfortable, and observant of requisite cleaning standards. The process for an Airbnb to meet this standard is very rigorous as hosts have to pass a 100 plus point quality checklist inspection. This assessment is done in person by Airbnb.
Additionally, Airbnb Plus hosts get some awesome perks, which include:
- A professional photographer who takes pictures of the interior and exterior for listing on their Airbnb gallery.
- An interior design assessment with recommendations and advice given.
- Editorial review and suggestion to enable the listing to stand out on Airbnb.
The Airbnb Plus program is so exclusive that hosts have to agree to list their property only on Airbnb and no other vacation rental platform.
The Vetting Process-What Is Airbnb Plus
The in-person assessment focuses on 3 areas: style, hospitality, and comfort. The interior design of the home should be clean, clutter-free and have a design that is aesthetically pleasing to the eyes. Unique personal touches are expected and the listing should be fully equipped with: kitchen and cooking utensils, personal care gadgets such as hairdryers, etc. All devices, gadgets, equipment, and appliances should be clean, working, and maintained.
Self-check-in features are a must, as guests should be able to have seamless check-in through a lockbox or door code.
Criteria for Program
The following criteria must be met before a listing is considered for the Airbnb Plus program:
- Airbnb property must be located in an approved location where the program is offered.
- The listing must have a rating of 4.8+ stars on average.
- Hosts should have an acceptance rating of 95% and above for bookings.
- The listing must be a private bedroom or entire place with a bathroom that is private.
- Hosts should not have had any cancellations in the last year.
Is It Worth It?-The Benefits for Guests
Booking an Airbnb Plus is definitely worth it, as there are a number of benefits for guests. These include but are not limited to the following:
- Dedicated customer support and service by Airbnb.
- Above-average standard of comfort, style, and hospitality.
- A high level of assurance that the listing details and photos match what is actually provided by hosts.
- A listing that usually offers a unique stay.
- A listing that is fully equipped with kitchen utensils and appliances. In addition, it has all standard amenties for convenience and personal care such as iron and blowdryers.
- Listing has safety features such as smoke and carbon dioxide detectors.
Is Airbnb Plus More Expensive?
The average nightly price of an Airbnb Plus is $250 USD. These listings are not necessarily higher in price than regular Airbnb’s. If you are searching in a particular area, some Airbnb Plus homes may be more expensive as hosts may increase their prices since they have a badge that verifies the quality of their accommodation. It should be remembered that Airbnb Plus homes have met the criteria for quality in terms of style, comfort, and hospitality, however, the badge does not mean the listing provides premium or luxury services.
Is an Airplus Plus Listing Better Than a Regular Airbnb Listing?
Airbnb Plus listings are not necessarily better than regular Airbnb listings. The Airbnb Plus badge gives prospective guests the assurance that the listing has been vetted for quality. There is a peace of mind knowing that where you are traveling to has been verified. There have been many horror stories of vacation rentals being far what is listing on travel agency websites. In light of this, this program of vetting Airbnb is an excellent initiative that caters to the needs of guests.
What Is the Difference Between Airbnb Lux and Airbnb Plus?
Airbnb Plus are listings that have been vetted for providing quality accommodations whilst Airbnb Lux is a listing of luxury private villas that provide 5 star tailored experiences and accommodations. Accommodations that have the lux badge have amenities such as chefs, butlers, drivers, airport pickup etc. Airbnb lux is the creme de la creme of listings as it has to pass a 300+ inspection.
Where Is Airbnb Plus Available?-List of Countries
Airbnb Plus is available in the following locations in the specified countries:
The United States of America
- Los Angeles
- San Francisco
- New Orleans
- Orange County
- San Diego
- Washington D.C
Dominican Republic-What Is Airbnb Plus
- Various locations
- Various locations
Mexico-What Is Airbnb Plus
- Mexico City
- Various locations
Canada-What Is Airbnb Plus
- Costa Blanca
- Costa Del Sol
South Africa-What Is Airbnb Plus
- Cape Town
Australia-What Is Airbnb Plus
Italy-What Is Airbnb Plus
- Como Lake
Indonesia-What Is Airbnb Plus
United Arab Emirates
- Rio de Janeiro
- São Paulo
Portugal-What Is Airbnb Plus
Germany-What Is Airbnb Plus
France-What Is Airbnb Plus
- Haute Savoie
Suggested Blog Articles
- How to Plan a Trip: The Ultimate Step by Step Guide 2021
- Celebrities at the Beach In 2021-So Far
- Top 20 Hotels in Amsterdam 2021
- The 15 Best Women’s Hiking Shoes and Boots 2021
- What to Do if Your Hotel Has Bed Bugs and How to Check for It
- What Causes Seasickness and How to Avoid It-Travel Guide
- 5 Best Reasons Why Travel is Important
- How Fast Can a Crocodile Run?
- Two Letters in the Alphabet That No Country Begins With and One Country That Begins With ‘O’
- Weekender Bags for a Quick Getaway-25 Best Picks for 2021
- What Is Traveler’s Diarrhea?
- How to Fold a Dress Shirt for Traveling
- Top 15 Virtual Museum Tours 2021-Vacationing at Home
- Negril, Jamaica-The Best Destination in The Era of Social Distance
- How to Select the Best Travel Insurance 2021
- Travel 101 – FAQs, Everything You Need To Know
- The 15 Best Winter Coats for Women 2021 – The Travel Virgin Exclusive
- 15 Best Caribbean Islands 2021-Vacation Deal Prices Included (3 or 7 Nights)
- 10 Best Travel Destinations To Find Your Husband or Wife: Finding Love in 2021 Bucket List, Love Tips Included
- 10 Best Travel Sunglasses for The Rich and Famous 2021- Do Not Read If You Are Basic, One Big Crew Full of Riches, Inspiration Songs Included
- 20 Best Coffeeshops in Amsterdam: Etiquettes and Rules for Smoking 2021
- Blue Heron Bird Eats Entire Alligator On Video-Wildlife Candid Camera
- Top 10 Tourist Attractions in Denmark 2021-50% OFF Vacation Discount Code
- Vacation and Dress Like Neymar, Messi and Ronaldo in 2021-On a Budget
- Vacation Like Rihanna (On A Budget) in 2021- Discounts Included