A fare is defined as a journey for which a price is paid. There are many types of fares whose definition is based on the nature of the journey. In this article, the meaning of round trip and 4 other types of fares will be provided.
Table of Contents
Types of Fares
- Round Trip
- One Way Trip
- Round The World Trip
- Open-Jaw Trip
- Multi-City Trip
What Does Round Trip Mean?
A round trip is defined as traveling from a location and then returning to the same location. A round trip can be taken using different modes of transportation such as a bus, train, airplane, etc. In the case of a flight, a round trip is often thought to be cheaper than buying two separate one-way tickets. This is so as airlines often give special discounts for round trip flights.
What Does One Way Trip Mean?
A one-way trip is defined as traveling from a particular location to another. This type of fare is ideal for travelers who plan on having a long or indefinite stay at their destination.
What Is Round the World Trip?
A Round the World trip is traveling from one destination to another and making multiple stops on the way then finally returning to your original home destination. On an around the world trip, you can stop at several destinations where the stop is not a layover but a stopover that allows you to go outside of the airport and explore the destination.
Related Article: Top 8 Cheap Tours In Europe 2021
What Is an Open-Jaw Trip?
An open-jaw trip is when you travel from a location to a destination but the original departure location and or destination is not the same on the return trip. There are actually 3 types of open-jaw trips which are described below.
This is where a traveler travels from one location to another but returns to the original location from a different place. For example, depart Florida to New York, but on the return trip fly from Philadelphia to Florida.
This where a traveler departs from one location to another but returns to a different location. For example, flying from Canada to New York, but returning from New York to Manchester.
This is where two totally separate travel routes exist. For example, flying from Florida to New York, but on the return trip flying from Atlanta to London.
What Is a Multi-City Trip?
A Multi-City Trip is a trip to a destination where there are several stops in multiple cities on the journey.
Having read about the meaning of round trip and the other different types of fares, it now time to check out the best providers of travel services.
Top 10 Travel Agencies 2021
- Booking.com– provides a comprehensive service that takes care of your vacation needs from accommodations, activities, tours, and taxi pick-up and drop-off arrangements.
- Trip. com–provides an extensive hotel and flight network.
- Agoda.com– offers the best price guarantee. Very popular for travel in Asia.
- HomeAway.com–offers an extensive selection of vacation homes
- Hotelopia. com-offers reduced-rate accommodation at hotels in over 7500 destinations worldwide.
- CheapAir.com–leading provider of cheap airfare tickets online.
- Airwander. com–is the only flight meta-search engine that adds stopovers which allows for bonus destinations during travel.
- Sky-Tours.com– provides flight, accommodation, and car hire options. Great for multi-city search.
- Wanderu.com– offers bus, train, and flight travel across North America and Europe
- DanCenter– provides holiday homes for all types of holidays in major European countries – Sweden, Denmark, Norway, and Germany.
Recommended Blog Reads
*round trip meaning *one way trip *open jaw trip