As you prepare for your next vacation, here are some often overlooked tips for safe travel.
DO NOT SHARE YOUR TRAVEL IN REAL TIME
It can be very tempting to post your travel location right away,however this can prove very unsafe. This is especially so if your social media profiles are public, where everyone can see or get an indication of your location from your pics. It is best to post pics with your location after you have left your vacation spot.
This website contains affiliate links. If you use these links to buy something we may earn a commission
NOT LEARNING SAFETY WORDS OF THE COUNTRY YOU ARE TRAVELING TO
An important tip for safe travel is to learn safety words in the language of the country that you are traveling to. Words such as “help” or “police” or ” I am allergic to nuts”, will be extremely useful if an unexpected situation occurs.
DO NOT CONNECT TO FREE OR OPEN WIFI
Travelers love free and open WiFi,however, using free WiFi can be very dangerous. The risk of using a free unsecured WiFi is data breach, hackers and much more. It is best to limit your WiFi use to the one that is provided by your hotel or restaurant, as these places usually ensure that their network is secure.
TRAVELING WITHOUT TRAVEL INSURANCE
There are so many horror stories of unexpected things happening to travelers which is exacerbated by the absence of travel insurance. Whether you are covered by your credit card for travel or use a travel agency insurance package, its important to get a comprehensive coverage.
The Top 8 Travel Insurance for 2021
1. World Nomads – Highly Rated, A Very Comprehensive Coverage Get A Quote Today
2. InsureMyTrip: Best Value Get A Quote Today
3. Aardy: Excellent Plans for Seniors Get A Quote Today
4. Travelex – Very Comprehensive Get A Quote Today
5. Allianz Travel Insurance: A Global Leader Get A Quote Today
6. HTH Travel Insurance: Great for Seniors Get A Quote Today
7: Nationwide: The Best for Cruises Get A Quote Today
8. GeoBlue: Good Medical Coverage Get A Quote Today
DON’T GO OVERBOARD FOR A PHOTO OP
Sometimes travelers do the most to get that over the top photo to post on social media. Yes, those pics of sitting on the edge of a cliff on an extremely windy day might be dangerous or unsafe.
ALWAYS TRAVEL WITH EMERGENCY CASH
Creating a budget for your travels is not enough. It is important to travel with extra cash for emergencies everywhere you go. Hotels usually provide safe vaults to store important documents and cash. So whilst you may safely carry some extra cash on you, you may keep the remainder of your emergency cash in your hotel safe.
HIDE YOUR HOTEL CARD WHEN OUT IN THE PUBLIC
Another tip for safe travel is to hide your hotel card when out in the public. Whilst it may seem cool to flash your hotel card in public to show everyone that your staying at a luxurious hotel. This act may leave you a target to criminals who may intercept you on your journey as they know exactly where you are going and may predict the route you may take and know the vulnerable areas where they can attack you.
RENT CAR FROM A REPUTABLE COMPANY AND CHECK IT FOR FAULTS
Going into an unknown country, its best to rent a car from a globally recognized reputable car rental company. It is also important to check your brakes,tires etc before you ride off into the sunset.
Most Recent Blog Posts
- 7 Advantages of Traveling by Car
- Explore the World Virtually in 2021
- 5 Essential Travel Gadgets Everyone Should Pack
- Create a Yellow Grey Bedroom on a Super Cheap Budget
- Can a Duck Fly to the Moon? – Peppa Pig Episode Review
- Apply on Airbnb to Live Anywhere in the World
- Top 50 Hiking Trails in the USA 2021
- 5 Unorthodox Activities to Try While Traveling